We organize meetups where we bring highly skilled and international level speakers to share their knowledge with the community.
We organize coding competitions, hackathons and games for our community members. Join us to challenge yourself and improve your skills.
Through our different meetups and mentorship programs, we try to get people to collaborate, learn and share their knowledge together.
BeJS#13: Securing Node.js APIs with Decentralised Identity Tokens
The BeJS Team is happy to announce BeJS#13 where our friend Mohamed Shahbaz Alam will be talking about "Securing Node.js APIs with Decentralised Identity Tokens". Shahbaz is a full stack developer and open source enthusiast, Developer Advocate @ Magic Labs, GDG Ranchi Organizer, and Mozilla Representative. He loves teaching and sharing his learnings at conferences and meetups related to Serverless, Authentication and Authorization, Google Technologies, Security, Web Extensions, SPAs, PWAs and VR/AR/XR.
- GitHub: https://github.com/shahbaz17
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mdsbzalam
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mdsbzalam
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mdsbzalam
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mdsbzalam
- Dev.to: https://dev.to/shahbaz17
- Medium: https://medium.com/@mdsbzalam
Talk name: Securing Node.js APIs with Decentralised Identity Tokens
Talk Abstract: Authentication and Authorization are serious problems. We often dedicate a lot of time to craft powerful APIs but overlook proper security measures. Let's solve it with Magic using a key-based identity solution built on top of DID standard, where users’ identities are self-sovereign by leveraging blockchain public-private key pairs.
In this talk, we’ll look at proper ways to secure our Node.js APIs with Decentralised Identity Tokens. We’ll go from learning what Decentralised Identity standards are, how the users’ identities are self-sovereign by leveraging blockchain public-private key pairs, why they’re the future of API security, and to put theory into practice we will build a real-world implementation using Node.js where I’ll show common best practices.
In order to provide you with the best experience possible, we decided to add some rules, so that everyone can enjoy the meetup :
- Since this meetup is hosted online, the capacity is 120 people.
- In order to attend you have to RSVP on meetup
- The Zoom meeting will be password protected
- Do not share the password or the link of the meetup on social networks. if you want to invite someone ask them to rsvp on the meetup event.
- Do not hesitate to share this event on social networks as this will help give more visibility to our community
- Everyone is more than welcome to help, propose, or share Ideas with the BeJS team. You can contact us at: [masked]
Have something to share with our community?
Apply for a talk
Have an idea or a concept? Need help for coding? Looking for partnerships?
Feel free to contact us
mail : firstname.lastname@example.org